Why dry brushing is so beneficial:
1. It stimulates the lymphatic system which is a part of our circulatory system and vital to our immune system. Lymphatic congestion can lead to inflammation and disease therefore, stimulating our lymphatic system will assist lymph circulation and help to remove toxins more effectively from our bodies.
2. One of the best bets for reducing the appearance of cellulite is dry brushing. Dry brushing will break down the unwelcome toxic body deposits and eliminate them from your body. Additionally, working through the emotional issues which may cause toxins to stagnate, eating foods rich in lecithin, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants, and consistent exercise will aid in the fight against cellulite.
3. Dry brushing is truly therapeutic for the mind and body. The routine of dry brushing is known to reduce muscle soreness and tone muscles. With increased circulation through light massage your digestive system, nervous system and immune system function will increase.
It's cheap, easy & invigorating!
Dry brushing tip & tricks:
- Always dry brush your dry and naked body before you shower or bathe.
- Brush using long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction to help drain the lymph back to your heart. (Note: Stroking away from your heart puts extra pressure on the valves within the veins and lymph vessels and can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins).
- Use light pressure in areas where the skin is thin and harder pressure on places like the soles of the feet.
- Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken.
- After getting out of the shower, massage your skin with pure plant oils such as avocado, apricot, almond, sesame, coconut or cocoa butter.
- Clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week.
What to look for in a dry brush:
- Natural bristles that are stiff but supple enough not to scratch skin
- A shape that fits easily in the palm of your hand for controlled brushing
- A brush with a long handle (possibly removable) in order to reach your back
Making dry brushing part of your daily routine will result in healthy glowing skin! Our skin is the largest organ in our body and arguably the most important being vital to life. Grab a dry brush and experience the most amazing natural skin care technique you probably weren't using!!